Tuesday, January 04, 2005


Braved the storm to do this just now... Posted by Hello

Was so fascinated by the rain just now that I simply had to grab my camera and walked out of my tax textbooks for 15 minutes just to 'feel the rain'.

To say that life is back to normal is too grotesque an understatement.
Life will never be the same- not for those who are still pining for their loved ones to be home, not for those whose future is scarred by the wreckage of the killer waves, not even for you and I whose perspective of life has been a walk in the meadow so far.

All is scarred. Even as I was heading back to PJ today,(the mere mention of my hometown would create 'war'), I couldn't stop wondering how these waves of destruction aka the tsunami has changed each and every passenger's outlook on life.

Do they try to be nicer to others, even strangers thereafter?

Do they appreciate their lives more now?

Do they become humbled by the fact that life is like a wisp of air-it can vanish within the blink of an eye?

Even if it is just a it-struck-me-suddenly kind of attitude for those who have not grasped the knowledge of the presence of He Who Is Almighty, one can't help wondering how cleverly God has planted seeds of thought into the minds of many.

For the believers, it reaffirms the nature of The Most High, that in the midst of tragedy, He judges and He also redeems. His wrath brings purification to His church, His chosen people.

For the unreached and unbelieving, it provokes their minds to question Him, to further probe into His divine purpose- to seek Him in one way or another.

"And I say to you, ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you shall find; knock and it will be opened to you." - Luke 11:9

Who would have thought that trouble itself is a wondrous gift from God?
I guess,we'll never quite know until it comes knocking at our doors.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home