Sunday, February 06, 2005

Balik Kampung Trilogy-Part 3

After a string of non-events for the past few days since I'm home (although I do enjoy being away from doing anything productive other than 'stimulating my faculty of wonder through The Red-Cover Book- a.k.a Sophie's World:) ); I am glad that my cousin and his girlfriend initiated a reunion dinner with us. (although it does sound as if I am dependent on my cousin's initiative for the dinner plan to get me away from the 'lifeless' me!)

I have anticipated the dinner for quite some time now, for 2 reasons
i) he is a cousin very dear to us and we have not met him for more than 2 years.
ii) he has not only become family to us in a worldly sense; but has also become a part of our family in Christ.

Being the first-generation Christians in our family, it brings us great joy; even exceeding joy to find that God has also chosen our cousin to enter His kingdom. Someone once asked me, "Do you believe that God will save your household as written in Acts 16:9 ?"

"Yes, because that is the promise that God has given to my cousin, my sister and I."


What a wonderful night it turned out to be that, this promise would have becomed more real to the three of us in every sense.

5 Comments:

Blogger Jack The LOT{B}R said...

e_nerv,

I still remember my question. Happy to hear 'bout your cousin. Have fun in errr...civilization? :) happy chinese new year...

jack

7:27 PM  
Blogger Aronil said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

12:25 PM  
Blogger Aronil said...

My dear friend,

I remember the talk we had just before you left to balik kampung. As much as we believe have been put in a specific family to help guide them to salvation, the road will not be easy one. You know it as much as I do, how much the loveds ones 'love' retaliating.

Saving them may not be instantaneous or immediate, but everything will work in God's time.

Even so i worry sometimes, that part of my family, not all will be called to be saved. More so it scares me, that i will never get to see them again, once eternity(heaven) begins its clock.

"..but let us encourage one another - and all the more as you see the Day approaching."
-Hebrews 10:25

12:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aronil, I share your worries and concerns towards my own family members. But I am encouraged by how you've subjected yourself and everything under Divine Election. We can now be comforted by Christ's words that "God only is good" and therefore trust in the mercy and grace of Him who have called us. Finally, in that Day, when we "shall fully know just as we have been fully known" we will be able to declare indeed that all things work together for good to those who loved God, looking retrospectively.

Continue to stand firm,be patient for now and know that the Lord is good and "Salvation belongs unto Yahweh".

Cheers bohtea~

7:04 PM  
Blogger tehtarik said...

I said a prayer,
Not that I may be blessed with abundence,
For so I may give my family,
Gifts worthy in this world;

But be valiant and righteous,
yet meek and gentle;
So I may bring them the one Gift,
That is worthy of this world.

* May all who are burdened for their loved ones to come to Christ, be sorrowful and mournful, yet be strong and faithful;
Praying steadfastly for them to be drawn near Him.
For He listens and answers our prayers.
Such is the Grace and Love of God.

11:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home