Thursday, May 26, 2005

Old Gramophone Spin

Rummaging through some old lovey-dovey tunes- nice enough to be played over and over again on a cold, rainy night- of course, never without a good book in hand and a cup of steaming hot tea.

I believe in you and me (The Preacher's Wife OST)- Whitney Houston
A woman's declaration of faith towards the man she loves, now how can that man not be any way moved?

I finally found someone (The Mirror has Two Faces OST)- Barbra Streisand and Bryan Adams
My all-time favourite. My perfect wedding song, only that perhaps I would hear it being played in someone else's wedding first...hmm..what a killjoy.

Home- Michael Buble
A reminiscent of what Norah Jones might have written. Made me think of home more, and of going back to where the heart is too.

And spinning at the corner of my mind...

Lagenda- Sheila Majid
Legendary, even so with the voice beneath it.

Plus, all that jazz that I save my money for. :)

9 Comments:

Blogger Sze Zeng said...

My first encounter with Home- Michael Buble was at "The Wedding Date", when the high class gigolo was upset and going away from his client.

It's veryyyyyyyyyyyyyy slow song... "i can't take my eyes off u~~.."

=)

6:21 PM  
Blogger tehtarik said...

Hmm..are we referring to the same song? :)

Alright, I admit I have a soft spot for anything that is super-slow, melancholy-inducing and perhaps, depressed-sounding.

Wait til you hear what I got in my juke box! Drives energy away, I must say.:)

9:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

how bout tong hua by guang liang?

Who am I?

1:22 AM  
Blogger tehtarik said...

Dear Who Am I?,
Nice try, is it a trick question? :)
Yue liang dai biao wo de shing by Teresa Teng anytime.

9:00 AM  
Blogger jacksons said...

Hmmm, I like Michael Buble very much - stylish jazz. Also, for nostalgia, Carpenters gets me all the time. Hey, anybody for U2?

10:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think u like jazz very much. Am I right? How about K. D. Lang, Norah Jones and Diana Krall? What do u think of their songs?

4:23 PM  
Blogger tehtarik said...

Pooling U2 fans from this spot, heh? Don't think you will see much success...:)

Diana Krall is among the very few mainstream jazz performers I consistently enjoy listening to. You are bound to find some rare gems around if you enjoy rummaging through CDs in a record shop.

May I also introduce you to the sounds of Stacy Kent, Lisa Ono and Sakamotox2.

An 'upgrade', I call them..hehe.

5:56 PM  
Blogger Ennie said...

Tong Hua, which I think means Fairytale is sung by Michael Wong (Guang Liang). Many people have told me that love that song. I think it's so-so only. For me, Jann Arden, Paula Cole, Sarah Mclachlan. just to name a few (that haven't been named yet).

3:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

why u all listen to all angmohs one? tong hua is the best!!

11:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home